Blue Print for Future Generations Scholarship
SETTING A BLUE PRINT FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS PHI BETA SIGMA FRATERNITY, INC. ZETA XI SIGMA CHAPTER
The Zeta Xi Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., in association with the Dr. Alexander Brown Civil Rights and Education Endeavor, is pleased to announce that they are providing three (3) $2,000 scholarships to students currently enrolled in high schools in Fort Bend County.
These scholarships will be awarded to deserving graduating male students who exemplify the highest level of scholarship, community service, and leadership as they pursue their aspirations for higher education.
Application requirements are given below. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS (Failure to complete all required information will result in a disqualification):
1. Graduating male students who attend school in the Fort Bend County
2. Completed scholarship application
3. Official copy of applicant’s high school transcript
4. Applicant must possess a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
5. Applicant must demonstrate a spirit of excellence in scholarship and community involvement:
● A minimum of 20 documented community service hours on official letterhead, including virtual service hours, is acceptable (e.g. church nursery, nursing home, public library, tutoring)
6. A total of two (2) letters of recommendation from one of the following:
● Teacher or Counselor Reference on school letterhead
● Employer or Community Service Representative on professional letterhead
● No recommendation letters from family members
7. Address only one of the following questions in essay format (500 – 750 word limit; must be typed; Times New Roman; 12pt font; double-spaced)
● What is brotherhood? How have you demonstrated this principle in your life and community?
● Define scholarship. How can receiving this scholarship impact your life?
● Describe the importance of public service in society. What was the role you played in a recent community service project?
To be eligible for consideration for a 2022 scholarship award, a completed application must be scanned and emailed to ZXSScholarship1914@gmail.com no later than Tuesday, April 27th by 11:59pm