Blue Print for Future Generations Scholarship
The Zeta Xi Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., in association with the Dr. Alexander Brown Civil Rights and Education Endeavor, is pleased to announce that it is providing a minimum of three $1,000 scholarship to students matriculating in high schools in the Fort Bend County. These scholarships will be awarded to deserving graduating male students who exemplify the highest level of scholarship, community service, and leadership as they pursue their aspirations for higher education. Application requirements are given below.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS (Failure to complete all required information will result in a
1. Graduating male students who attends school in the Fort Bend County
2. Completed scholarship application
3. Official copy of applicant’s high school transcript
4. Applicant must possess a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
5. Applicant must demonstrate a spirit of excellence in scholarship and community involvement
• A minimum of 20 documented community service hours on official letter head to include virtual. (e.g.
church nursery, nursing home, public library, tutoring)
6. Two (2) letters of recommendation from a school counselor, teacher, employer, or community service
organization representative (No letter from family members, please)
• Teacher or Counselor Reference on school letterhead
• Employer or Community Service Representative on professional letterhead
7. Address only one of the following questions in essay format (500 – 750 word limit; must be typed; Times
New Roman; 12pt font; double-spaced)
• What is brotherhood? How have you demonstrated this principle in your life and community?
• Define scholarship. How can receiving this scholarship impact your life?
• Describe the importance of service in a democratic society. Describe your role in a recent community
To be eligible for consideration for a 2020-2021 scholarship award, a complete application must be post marked
no later than May 8, 2021.